Friday, September 18, 2009

Addis!!

I bought my first set of Addi circular needles - size 9 Addi lace turbos!

I am having a real issue with them as I try to knit magic loop while working on my lace sweater. Or maybe I'm having trouble with the magic loop part, seeing as I've never done that technique before.

My friend Amber sent me an article on magic loop from Knitting Daily that was helpful. I just can't seem to get the hang of how to hold on to the stupid thing.

Did I mention that I ripped out the first go at the sweater last week? Yep. didn't use that lovely lifeline that I love so much. And of course, it turns out Knitting Daily has a post about that too! I feel her pain. Somehow while merrily knitting along on this sweater and throwing in make ones before AND after every marker every other row, I got a little too excited and add some more stitches. For good measure. Because who doesn't want more stitches? My bust naturally starts above my armpits, why do you ask?

I decided to do a stitch count after getting row 18, just to make sure I was on the right track. I started out with 144 stitches (I'll get to that in a minute) and after 8 rows of straight knitting, increase as above until you get to x stitches in between certain markers, blah, blah, blah.

Well, if I'm adding the same number of stitches all around, I should have the same number of stitches between the markers. Nope! I somehow ended up with LOTS of stitches in one spot and the normal amount everywhere else. Hopefully the second time around I will pay more attention.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh Addis!!! I just ordered some to complete the Linden sweater and I got the crazy long length...because I see magic loop in my future too. It just should NOT be this complicated, though! Master it...so you can teach me, k?!