Friday, September 16, 2011

BOOTS!!!

For years I've been trying to buy tall boots but my extra-large calves have held me back. I have ALWAYS had muscular calves, no matter what my weight, so finding boots has always been a disappointment. Most companies claim wide calf status when they make it about 16". I have a 19.5" calf, and it starts about halfway up. Pair after pair of boots have been ordered in vain only to find I can't zip them or pull them up.

I have just purchased my first pair of really nice knee boots (Land's End Diana Riding Boots, lined leather, yes they were on sale) because I found this great product that zips into the boot opening and voila, your boots fit! The Boot Band. How come I've never heard of these before? Apparently they were on the O List in O Magazine last Christmas, and they are mentioned this month in Woman's Day. I don't read either of those publications so I guess I missed out.

I just ordered a pair of the half calf elastic with leather border Boot Bands for myself, so now I can tell you about it! I have a feeling there's going to be a rush on these. I can't wait until they get here! I'll post a photo of me wearing my new boots with the insert when they arrive.

No comments: