Tuesday, January 1, 2008

January Goals

I am so tempted to post here a super long list of resolutions, such as getting up earlier or learning to knit socks, and participating in the SBQ posting and blogging on a regular basis, but a long list of resolutions tends to intimidate me and I just think about all the things I haven't done. I hope to create a list of things that I'd like to try instead.
Okay, forget it, here's the start of my list. I'll add to it as I go...

- Take medications regularly
- finish three scarves for donation to Rosie's Place (with my knitting group)
- cross stitch some easter cards
- Go to the gym
- Go through my apartment and clear out stuff for donation
- Take donations to Goodwill
- Knit a pair of socks
- Backup all music on computer
- Visit my friend Amy
- Visit my sister Gretchen
- Complete Historic Countries Sampler
Funny, now that I'm writing the list down, I'm blanking. Well, I'll fill this in as I think of things.


Here is how far I've gotten on the Historic Countries Mystery Sampler featured in
The Gift of Stitching Magazine. It's a massive twelve part sampler that started back in September. The January issue just came out with parts four and five and now I am WAY behind. The main reason I haven't made any progress is that I was working on a gift for my sister, which I'll post more on later. I also chose to order natural linen, which is coarse and darker than I had wanted. I was so eager to begin that I cut the fabric, ran the edges through the sewing machine, and got started. I would start over with a new piece of fabric, but the fabric was really expensive. I've never spent $50 on fabric before. I'm hoping that the darker fabric will look nice in the end, but right now I'm wondering if I should just give up. Ugh.

No comments: