Wednesday, June 13, 2007

It's amazing what people eat (or dont')

I was poking around on SparkPeople and was reading the message board for food substitutions. You know, I love chocolate, what can I eat instead that will trick me into thinking i am eating chocolate?

This person had posted on the board, I don't remember what about, but on each post it has at the bottom the person's weight loss progess tracker. It said she was at 106 pounds, her goal. WHAT? Is she crazy? I thought I'd use the convenient link to pop over to her Spark blog and see what she was like. Runner, motivated, and geez, eating about 700 calories a day. Umm, okay...I knew eventually I was going to run into the huge number of already skinny people that are trying to lose weight. I just can't deal with them. It sounds to me like this person is doing something really unhealthy. Maybe, aybe not. But since I am one of those severely overweight people, curvy, ruben-esque, whatever yhou want to call it, I've never been veyr toleant of anyone who's under 150 or so and trying to lose weight. It's my problem, and I'm fine with it. I just can't look to those people for motivation, that's all.
But I can look at her food diary and try out what she had for lunch. It looks good. In fact, her breakfast looks good too. Now, if she had only kept on eating normally...



Food Tracked
BreakfastCALORIESCARBSFATPROTEIN
Banana, fresh, 1 extra small (less than 6" long)751901
Multi-Grain Cheerios Cereal, 0.5 cup541211
milk, 1/2%, 8 oz901218
Strawberries, fresh, 1.5 cup, halves681611
Kashi Go Lean High protein & High fiber Cereal, 0.5 cup701517
Egg white, cooked, no added fat-1 Large, 3 serving511011
Lunch
La Tortilla Factory, Whole Wheat Low Carb Tortilla, 1 serving501125
*Hillshire Farms Deli Select Brown Sugar Baked Ham, 2 oz602210
Miracle Whip, light, 1 tbsp20220
Kraft 2% Deli-Deluxe Swiss Cheese Slices, 1 serving70056
Baby Carrots-14 pieces, 1 serving35901
Frigo Light String Cheese, 1 oz60039
Cucumber (peeled), 1 medium24401
Dinner
None
Snack
None
Daily Totals:7271031661

No comments: