Friday, June 20, 2008

Bunnies!


Bunnies that bake cupcakes, that is! OH MY GOD!

Office 2007 site interview

www.bunnyblab.com

Last night I started a new cross stitch project, Love My Cat, on 32 count natural linen. I don't seem to have the right size hoop for this project so I'm just holding it in my hand. I haven't done a project this way in a long time.

I've also been thinking a lot about plastic lately. How nearly everything has some component made of plastic. It's funny, when I first went vegetarian I was staying away from all things leather, but now I would rather wear leather shoes so that least the origin of the materials is natural, not oil or synthesized in a lab. I guess what I'm trying to do really is to reduce waste, not necesarily plastic, though plastic contributes greatly to the waste problem. Maybe I've been reading too many Eco blogs. Lately one of my faves is Fake Plastic Fish where Beth blogs about her crusade against all plastic and keeps a chart of her own plastic consumption. There's also Living Plastic Free that has tips about how to reduce your own plastic use.

I guess I feel like I've really slipped on living my environmental ideals in the past few years. Maybe so much of it has been part of mainstream thinking, or part of my everyday life, that I forget I'm doing it.

Here's a list of tips for being more eco-friendly that I've absorbed from various tv shows, magazines, blogs, etc:
Things I do-
-RECYCLE
-stop using plastic bags/bring your own bag
-use a water filter instead of buying bottled water
-take short showers/time your showers
-use public transportation

Things I don't do yet-
-compost your waste
-turn off the faucet when you brush your teeth
-only buy products in recyclable/reusable packaging
-unplug electronics when not in use

No comments: