Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Ornament Exchange 2008


This year I participated in my first exchange. This was a Christmas ornament exchange on the group of The Gift of Stitching Magazine.

Here is the front and back of the ornament I made for Jane in West Virginia. The pattern is from The Prairie Schooler Pamphlet "December". I stitched the pattern on 14 count white aida with 3 strands to make sure the stitches covered and gave it a plump look. I wasn't quite sure how to do the finishing, so I just did it like a normal sewed item would be, inside out, then reversed it and stuffed it. I made my own cord this time, but I feel like it should have been tighter.

This is also the first stitched ornament I've ever made. I was kind of sad to see it go, but I have the pattern still and can make one for myself if I feel like it. I don't usually go in for this style, simple country sampler sort of stuff, but it's growing on me.

2 comments:

Dawna Bell said...

it came out very nice, i like the backing you put.

Amy said...

Very nice! So happy to see the completed project.