Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I'm taking the train today from Rochester, NY back to Boston. I traveled home last Wednesday for my sister's wedding and my grandmother passed away Thursday. It was a visit filled with excitement, errands, old friends, family, joy, and tears. My oroginal plans were to fly back Sunday but the funeral was Monday. It will be nice to have the forced quiet time on the train and watch fall in NY go by through the window. Now if I could just get rid of the woman sitting behind me. Her perfume is quite strong and she pulls out her cell phone for a chat about every 20 minutes. No matter. I have a bag full of leftovers, giant decorated sugar cookies made by my younger sister, and a suitcase full of books to keep me company.

1 comment:

Amy said...

This is such a great picture! I love this picture project of yours. I wish I could be stuck on a train with nothing to do for a few hours...sounds relaxing! Hope to see you next week!