Saturday, April 17, 2010

Ta-dah!!! 4.17.10


Ta-dah!!! 4.17.10
Originally uploaded by bareblueskin

Here's a picture of the new kitchen countertop! I can't believe how much better this makes the kitchen look. It even covers up the ucky hole in the linoleum. Score! I need to wait for the caulk on the top to dry for 10-12 hours and I can set up the microwave and such. I don't even know what I want to put on the shelves. Guess I'll have to experiment. Yay!

If you're wondering why this is so great, here is a shot of what the kitchen looked like before. It's like a still from Hoarders. This apartment kitchen has no useable storage. The cabinets are metal and hung a bit too high. I think you need to be at least 6 feet tall to see what it on the top shelf. The sink and counter unit is also metal and says "Beauty Queen" on it. On the right side shelves are too deep and short to be of much use, and on the left and under the sink it's just open space, so everything is piled on top of everything else. And I mention counter space? No, because there wasn't any. Until now.



No comments: