Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Obama mayhem

I've read a lot of posts over the last twenty-four hours that mention Obama, the presidency, and the so-what factor of it all. Most of the blogs say "Yes, Obama is now president. Moving on...." They make a point out that the national thrumming is due to the fact that Obama is the first African-American president. Yes, that is historic, but that is not why I'm excited.

I watched the inauguration with my coworkers on CNNlive.com and had tears in my eyes. I have tears in my eyes now. I don't know if it's because I am old enough now to have a good understanding of the world and what it takes to stand up and be a leader, but I believe in Obama. I trust that he is in this thing heart and soul, body and mind, (throw in other appropriate cliches here) and that he is working for us. I am filled with hope that someone is finally paying attention to what we've done to our country with misguided values and competitive natures. I listened to his words and understood. I will be following the new presidency and cabinet and seeing how I can participate in it. Give us hope, and spread the love.

No comments: