Monday, May 18, 2009

From dirt to skirts

I went shopping with a friend yesterday for all manner of things - garden and housewars and clothes and yarn. The last one was a bit of a falter in terms of my shopping list. We went to Michael's to get supplies for her new craft project, and I wanted to get two more skeins of Naturally Caron Spa, an acrylic/bamboo blend, for a lovely scarf I'm making. Well, Michael's didn't have that yarn but they did have some yarn priced at $.99 a skein, and I sort of fell into the bin and cleaned out most of their remaining stock. 6 skeins of black and 6 skeins of raspberry/maroon in patons Lacette, and 4 skeins of Patons Stretch Socks in Licorice. Maybe they're not carrying Patons anymore? I've been wanting to get some laceweight yarns and also some sock yarn for this pattern I found on Ravelry, and I think I did well even though I hadn't planned on buying it.





I'm trying very hard to make lists for shopping, make estimates of how much I think things will cost, and stick to that.


Also shopped at Ikea and Home Depot, and bought 3 skirts. Two of the skirts were ones my friend bought and didn't want, but they are perfect for me. I seem to be fitting smaller sizes lately, but when I check the scale I haven't lost any weight. Maybe I'm finally starting to see my body differently and buy clothes that actually FIT my body, not just float over it. Hmm.

No comments: