Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Catching up on posts

I am taking a two-week class called Knitting in the Round to learn, what else, but circular knitting! Last Thursday (yes, it was Valentine's Day, which shows you what my love life is like if I'm living it up in a knitting class) I went to the first class and learned how to gauge my stitches and how to make a piece circular. Pretty easy actually, though I seem to be dropping a lot more stitches than before. Maybe these needles are slipperier than I'm used to....Anyway, I've got to knit in the round for 6 inches by this Thursday. Only 2 inches to go, and then I will learn how to decrease. Yay!

Here is a picture of my last finish, a dishcloth made from Lion Cotton. It looks nice, but after all that work am I really going to use it to scrub pots? Don't think so. Maybe I can give it to someone so they can scrub with it.






Here are shots of my two current cross stitch projects.




Last but not least, I went to DSW this weekend and bought some funky shoes. I'm not sure what to wear the sparkly shoes with other than jeans. When I bought the shoes I was thinking I could wear them to work, but with what? I don't have a sparkly shirt...or do I? I have a white round neck shirt with big glittery stones along the neckline. That would work, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First - I was watching a rerun of Friends (not unusual for me, I watch them EVERYDAY!) and they were making potholders. Do you need a potholder. Maybe you could use your dishcloth as a potholder???

And the sparkly shoes!!!! Oh MY!! I love them and I LOVE DSW. Greatest store EVER!!! I should buy stock in that store - I'm there enough. Any-hoo...the sparkly shoes...you could wear all black...and then have a cool necklace (I'm a huge fan of cool necklaces) and those beautiful shoes and that would make an outfit that pops!!! I could probably wear those shoes 6 days of the week. I am SOOOOO jealous!!!!